My Aunt Nan recently got back from a trip to China and informed me that my blog is blocked in China. Now that I have more confidence that authentic Chinese residents will not see my blog and be offended by my faux Chinese food, I will surely post more. Here is a noodle salad good warm or cold. Many of the ingredients can be substituted or skipped to make the dish healthier or cheaper. Here are some suggested ingredients:
- Lo mein, soba noodles, whole wheat or Barilla Plus thin spaghetti
- Teryaki dressing/marinade and/or:
- date syrup or molasses
- soy sauce
- a little vinegar
- Sesame oil (I don't know if this is a waste)
- Another oil, peanut would be good if you have some.
- Sesame seeds
- Bean sprouts
- Chopped chives or scallions
- Fried Chinese noodles (very optional and only if you don't mind having them in the house.)
1. Start boiling water for noodles.