Based on Faye Levy's Almond Macaroons, posted by Miriyummy.
For one batch, I would recommend a minimum food processor capacity of 1 liter or 1 quart.
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1 cup raw hazelnuts
- 1 1/4 cups sugar (preferably substitute some regular sugar with vanilla sugar)
- 1/4-1/2 cocoa powder (depending on your taste)
- 3 egg whites
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon salt (depending on your taste)
- Grind nuts and half the sugar in a food processor until medium-fine.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend to a fine paste.
- Preheat oven to 170 C/350 F.
- Line 1-2 pans with parchment paper.
- Dampen hands, then form small balls of "dough" and flatten slightly. (I had my kids do this. They were slow, but it kept them busy.)
- Bake 18-20 minutes. The cookies should darken, but stay chewy on the inside.
- Keep in an air tight container for at least a week.